“Some people only dream of success, other accomplish it”
1. Never say you’re going to start tomorrow. I personally know that tomorrow never dies in dieting term. Instead, be specific from the moment you start. If needed, set an actual date on your calendar.
2. An important first step is to get on the scale and see how much you weigh now, then define your goal weight (remember to aim for a healthy & reasonable weight lose)
3. Improving health should be your main goal. It was also a good motivation cause every aspect in your life can be improve by being healthy.
4. Do some research and have enough information about what food is good and what isn’t. For example, salad can be considered healthy but the dressing may contain over 30grams of fat.
5. Scale is not always the best tool for measuring your improvement. Do some measuring on your body too.
6. Have a realistic expectation. Understand that you don’t get fat over one sinful dish so don’t expect to lose weight after one bowl of salad either. There are never a quick fix.
7. Make comfortable adjustment. Whatever changes you choose, need to be sustainable for the long-term.
8. Out of sight, out of mind. Clear your home from unhealthy snacks and food – you were more likely to give in if you keep them around.
9. Invest in blue plates. Research have proven that some restaurant purposely choose red and yellow to color their restaurant as it could increase your appetite while blue was said to tone it down.
10. Take baby steps – making small gradual changes instead of all at once.
11. Stock your cupboards and refrigerator with healthy foods.
12. Expert suggest to just make one change each week so that your body can get used to it.
13. Rewards, don’t punish. Slipups will happen sometimes. And when it does, brush yourself off and get back in track.
14. Track your meals. Food diary is an essential tools (especially if you’re on calorie count diet)
15. Pay attention and be mindful while you eat, this means to avoid snacking in while watching tv.
16. Know your motivation. With a strong motivation in mind you can handle temptation better over time.
17. Get 80% full every time you eat.
18. Indulge in a treat once in a time, if you do it just a small amount it definitely won’t kill.
19. The more you eat earlier, the less you eat as the days go. This mean to never skip breakfast.
20. Setback? No big deal, as long as you get back on the right track you still have plentiful chance to a successful and healthy diet.
“Well done is better than well said”